Cutting Operator/Material Handler
Position Type: Industrial
A global leader in the steel industry has numerous openings due to plant expansion in Temperance, MI! This client has been in business for over 60 years providing the highest quality metals to various industries including nuclear and aerospace suppliers! These Cutting Operator positions are an immediate start and offer the opportunity to become overhead crane and forklift certified.
Candidates will be responsible for
- inventory management
- stocking remnant pieces of metals within the plant
- supplying the cutting lines
- advancing to CNC Operators (once fully trained!)
The ideal candidate would possess 2+ years’ experience with handling metals such as titanium, aluminum, and stainless steel. However, the company is willing to train the candidate who exhibits excellent math and measurement skills, a superior work ethic, and a willingness to absorb all safety training to ensure a repeated excellent safety record.
EOE in Compliance with ADAAA.
- Must be able to read a tape measure to the 1/16th
- lift up to 75 lbs. on a consistent basis
- High School Diploma or GED
- pass all pre-employment testing