Region: Ann Arbor
Position Type: Industrial
Rate: $33-$35 per hour
Great new opportunity for an experienced Material Planner!
Well-established manufacturing company in Saline, MI is seeking a full time, day shift Material Planner to join their growing team. The Material Planner is responsible for verifying that production line delivery aligns with the minimum stock targets and logistics costs. Main duties will include:
- Build up the Procurement Program by dividing and leveling piece procurements
- Follow up the Procurement Program realization by managing alert systems and follow the unloading, receipt and transportation of pieces.
- Follow supplier delivery performance (supplier Misdeliveries Per Million) and the service of logistics partners and propose appropriate improvement action plans
- Direct packaging management
- Ensure that logistics conventions comply with purchasing objectives and support conditions set by suppliers for procurement and packaging and by logistics partners for transport and services
- Verify that Sales and Production Plan (PIC) capacity requirements can be supported by suppliers and implement corrective actions when necessary
- Support commitments established in the ISO 14001 Environmental Policy
- Assist with any additional tasks as assigned by the company
Qualified candidates will have a 4-year degree in engineering, supply chain or logistics (Master's degree a plus!), prior experience working in an industrial environment and at least 3 years’ experience working as a Material Planner.
Interested candidates should submit an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.