Region: Ann Arbor
Position Type: Skilled Industrial
Rate: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
Growing Aerospace company is seeking full time TIG Welders to join their team on both day and night shifts!
- Weld different alloy metal components together with GTAW (TIG) process equipment to repair OEM Aircraft components.
- Lay out metal stock or work-pieces to indicate location, dimensions, and tolerances necessary for further processing.
- Read and apply blueprints, sketches, models, or other written specifications to identify and mark component reference points and compute layout dimensions to build, and check custom work pieces and assemblies.
- Set indicators on height gauge, protractor, and layout machines to computed dimensions, or projects dimensions by setting indicators to specified locations on model and moving instrument or machine so that indicators bear on corresponding locations on work-piece.
- Use measuring instruments such as gauge blocks, height gauges, dial indicators and non-contact dimensional scanning technology to examine work-pieces to verify such requirements as dimensions, proper angles and specifications.
- Operate machines such as arbor presses, robotic flexible fixtures, GTAW processes and spot welding machines, to assemble work pieces and sub components and perform related tasks such as cutting and grinding.
- Assemble metal sub components using GTAW processes (TIG) to hold close tolerances.
- Perform GTAW process in a repair and production environment.
Qualified candidates must have a High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 1 year experience with GTAW welding processes.